On 28 Mar 2007, at 09:41, Edwin Fine wrote:
> Bottom line is, I agree with ESR:
>
> "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to
> give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct,
> cut-through-the-bullshit communications style that is natural to
> people
> who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel
> warm and fuzzy."

It is possible to be both polite and terse, but the effort required
is often much higher than that required to do some basic fact-
checking with Google. Each time someone fires off an ill-considered
opinion based on fashion, marketing hype or religious predilection
they're effectively polluting our shared intellectual space, and yet
somehow it's those who suffer this on a daily basis who're the
offensive ones...

Ellie

Being and Doing are merely useful abstractions for the 'time'-
dependent asymmetries of phase space.