On 20 Mar 2007, at 18:23, brabuhr / gmail.com wrote:

> On 3/20/07, Austin Ziegler <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's usually because OO databases aren't worth the code they're
>> written in for most purposes. I've written about this extensively and
>> recently; I suggest you search for it.
>>
>> > I personally think that relational storage is evil.
>>
>> Then you're either ignorant or a fool. I hope it's just the former,
>> because ignorance can be removed with proper education. Relational
>> databases are a more natural and flexible way of storing data that
>> has
>> value beyond a single program than any hierarchical database will
>> ever
>> be (and both OO and XML databases are hierarchical databases, make no
>> mistake about it!).
>
> Anyone have any comments / experience with "associative" databases
> like:
>    http://www.associativesolutions.com/relavance.php
>    http://www.lazysoft.com/technology_sentences.htm

Well, it looks interesting so far, thanks. Nice to look at something
new! There's a free book PDF at the second link (here we go...). The
points that the author makes seem to align with some of my own
thoughts, so he's either a good salesman, or he's on to something, or
I've poorly analysed the problems I see around me.