I don't see how you could integrate (the I in IDE) the doc system in an IDE
without calling the doc system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Lee Green [mailto:eric / badtux.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 9:10 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: [ruby-talk:24540] Re: kill rdtool?

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 10:04 am, Mark Hahn wrote:
> Your commercial application is obviously not an IDE that includes Ruby.
>
> Making a standard part of Ruby a GPL would eliminate the possibility of a
> commercial IDE for Ruby.

Why? As far as I know, there's no requirement for the doxygen system to be
linked into your application. It's a stand-alone product. I've distributed
GPL'ed software with commercial products before. See, e.g.,
http://mtx.sourceforge.net, which serves as the tape jukebox driver for
EST/TAPIS Group's BRU-Pro product.

--
Eric Lee Green          GnuPG public key at http://badtux.org/eric/eric.gpg