bil writes:

    >  Ruby is not a Swiss-army chainsaw
    >  More like a Star Trek(tm) replicator
    >    -- Andy Hunt (from http://www.rubyconf.org/)
    >
    >Excellent! <LOL>
    >
    >Thanks Andy,

Hey, you just think of what you want and out it pops.
That's what I like to see in a programming language.

Seriously, the number one comment I've gotten from
people at the Ruby Conference, XP Universe, OOPSLA,
JAOO, etc., goes like this:

That they thought they would give Ruby a try, so
they thought up a small program, typed it in,
and it worked first time.  Not just compiled without
syntax errors, but actually worked.  That's pretty
impressive.

Consider also that the day-long Ruby course Dave and
I gave at JAOO ended with the class (working in pairs)
writing a web server in under an hour.  And these were
folks who (for the most part) hadn't seen Ruby before!

Glad you were LOL.  I hate boring presentations :-)

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development and Mentoring for Agile Methods