Lyle Johnson wrote:

> These benchmarks (if you still have them) might be useful for the Cygwin
> vs. MinGW vs. Visual C++ debate about the future of the Windows
> distribution of Ruby.

Don't you expect too much. The idea was just to show some classmates that
Gauss really is faster than Cramer, so I didn't care about most issues of
benchmark creation or optimization within the code.
However, if you want to finish it yourself so that it's a neat benchmark,
feel free to download it from www.mycgiserver.com/~niko/Wolf.rb (Wolf is
the name of my math teacher).
Most of the time it spends on copying and extending arrays, so it leaves *a
lot* to optimize for a VM, and really takes advantage of a smart garbage
collection.

hth =),

nick
--
Real Users know your home telephone number.