Sounds sweet.

I see what you mean, i managed to get in there by doing a simple
require! should have thought of that.

One thing im not quite sure about however, is how would i then handle
that connection within the application? I obviously create my connection
with

ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(
    :adapter  => "mysql",
    :host     => "localhost",
    :username => "myuser",
    :password => "mypass",
    :database => "somedatabase"
  )

For instance, in rails, how is it that we can then call
SomeModel.find(:all) in our controller and it does not throw an error? I
know its to do with the load path, but does the same apply here?

Does it create a persistant connection to the database for the lifetime
of the application or do i need to call the connection from AR::Base
when i need it?

Cheers

Tim

PS: sorry if this seems like dull questions im just getting into the
RubyCocoa thing!