On Mar 23, 4:39 am, Yukihiro Matsumoto <m... / ruby-lang.org> wrote:

> There's no need for new methods.  private_class_method and others are
> utility method for people who really love the term 'class methods'.

Ick! When did those get in there? I'm almost glad I never noticed
before. Why bother? Just give us a method for singleton/eigenclass/
metaclass whatever you want to call the "context" and allow:

  context.public :foo

But if they've got to stay, please, at least consider renaming them
something like class_public and class_private.

t.