On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 12:10:55AM +0900, Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
> Makoto Inada wrote:
> >I know this is not a straight answer, but you may want to check
> >ActiveRecord in RoR.  It works standalone nicely outside of the framework.
>
> Probably a good idea, but unfortunately I cannot abstract the Database
> too much.

You might also want to look at ruby-dbi. This gives a small abstraction
layer on top of the native database adapter; this means you can learn just
one API and use it to send SQL to Mysql, Oracle, Sqlite etc (of course, the
SQL statements that you send may be different for each of those databases)

You also might find better documentation or examples. A quick google for
"ruby-dbi" turns up a number of introductory documents and examples. The
first hit is
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-dbi.html

HTH,

Brian.