> Hi!
>
> I really like this idea and I would be willing to do something related
> to that in the Google SoC. There's one thing though: although I have
> some good background in computing, I have close to no experience in
> Ruby and web-related development. Is there anything already done
> related to recording that I could base my work on? I've heard there's
> something like that already working in Perl.

Here is something already:

http://svn.openqa.org/fisheye/changelog/watir-recorder/trunk

> Also, I don't know how ambitious a project like this would be for
> someone with my experience, so if anyone has a better idea of how
> difficult it is please share. What are the skills I would have to
> learn? What tools? If it's too difficult to do it all on my own, what
> would be a reasonable subset of features I could proppose to implement
> and that are more urgently needed by the community?

Well, for the Watir related questions you should ask Bret Pettichord (
  	 bret @!totally! nospam@ pettichord.com ) he also sent the above link
and he is one of the project admins of Watir. You could ask also Angrez
Singh (angrez @brutally -@nospam@ gmail.com) who is developing
FireWatir. (I would like to see this stuff with Firefox, not IE - so
that also non-win32 people can enjoy it).

As for the Ruby part - well, of course you would need to know a fair
amount of Ruby anyway - and extend it with the specific info you get
from Bret/Angrez. Hopefully somebody with more insight into these things
will reply you...

Cheers,
Peter
__