Hello,

i just wanted to check some things before i dive deeper into ruby, which
drew my attention already a couple of years ago. For the moment, i
program in perl ( i have to ). We have a huge application over here
(telecom bussiness) , and one of my major remarks is the readibility of
the code + weak OO features in perl. At the other hand, for all io, we
are using this callback/event loop programming paradigm, and i must say,
it works great, no hasles about deadlocked threads, mutexes, etc...
I have the impression that ruby prefers the threading-model. Can i still
use my event/callback stuff ? Is there a reason why the threading model
is preferred over callback/event in ruby ?

Thanx

Jef