Sylvain Ab˝═ard wrote:
> = APPLICATION, TIME REQUIRED =
>
> I don't know whether I'll have enough time to do GSoC because I have
> work to do at school until mid-july. But then it can still be possible
> if school work does not take so much time. Last year was hardcore and
> I am used to working 70+ hours a week. So if my school only takes me
> 30 to 40 hours per week in June-July I can still do  a great project
> ;)
>
> Are GSoC students supposed to be working harder than basic guys in
> companies (50h/week) or are they considered as students during summer
> that will go to parties every night or even have weekends (25h/week) ?
> If more than 40h a week are a minimum then I guess I'll just have to
> forget about it.

My 2 cents here would say that I doubt if anyone cares if you work 7
hours a week or 70 hours a week. What impresses me (and I'll wager
Google and others) is the results. If you can do a great project then we
would all benefit and would appreciate your efforts. If the project
sucks and fails miserably then it doesn't matter how much work you've
done - nobody benefits, no fame, and no Google job offer for you. There
is always the personal benefit of what you learned but the GSoC projects
I read about in Dr. Dobbs highlighted the contributions to the
community. I don't remember any mention about the hours clocked.

-Jim