On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 09:22:17AM +0900, Daniel N wrote:

> >From my perspective the 'system', or any system desing/analysis, must
> include the people who interact with it.  IMHO a system should model all
> appropriate inputs and outputs to it.  So meatware (love that bit) should
> definitley be a factor since meatware can do some pretty nasty things to
> data without all the validations attached.

I agree -- wetware (aka meatware) is part of the overall system.  That
doesn't mean it goes on the application side of a discussion of
applications vs. data, however.

Ben Franklin: "As we enjoy great Advantages from the Inventions of
others we should be glad of an Opportunity to serve others by any
Invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously."