On Mar 20, 12:28 pm, "Bret Pettichord" <bpettich... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 10:50 am, "alex_f... / hotmail.com" <alex_f... / hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The IE automation is very complex problem. The Browser is "alive". You
> > can't lock the browser. You can test for the tag existence and it will
> > fail on the next line because DOM was changed.   SWExplorerAutomation
> > (SWEA) automates Browser from "inside". The SWEA engine sits inside IE
> > and controls all browser activity.
>
> So SWEA is able to lock the browser? How would you know when to do
> this? Is this a good thing? Is this a feature that should be added toWatir? I don't understand how a user would use this ability, so i
> would appreciate any clarification. Can you show me some code that
> does this?
>
> Bret

SWEA doesn't block the browser - it could be a very bad idea to block
the browser. SWEA monitors all Browser activity in real-time and is
able correctly rebind (reidentify) SWEA controls in the case of the
changes. It makes automation script more reliable and stable. Try to
automate any complex AJAX grid using WATIR (run test 100 times) and
you will see the problem. You will need to place "sleep" statements to
make the script work stable.