2007/3/20, MenTaLguY <mental / rydia.net>:
> Well, just when I thought I was out of the fastthread business...
>
> Okay, in brief:
>
> fastthread is a Ruby extension which re-implements the primitives in
> Ruby's thread.rb in C.  It was merged into 1.8.6, replacing the old
> thread.rb implementation, but the version that was merged had a couple
> serious bugs.
>
> So -- now I release fastthread 1.0, which is basically the Ruby 1.8.6
> version with the fixes applied.  You can use it as a hotfix for 1.8.6
> until the next 1.8.x version is released, and of course it should still
> work for speeding up older versions of 1.8 as well.
>
> Gems and source are available via the mongrel RubyForge project:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1306
>
> Let me know if you guys have any more problems.
>
> -mental

Hi Mental,

great stuff you've done here. Regarding 1.8.6, what happens if I
install fastthread and require it ? Will it be transparently ignored ?
All the code that I wrote ignores fastthread requires if it's not
installed. But I'd still like it to behave correctly in the case
fastthread is installed on 1.8.6.

--
Cheers,
  zimbatm