> See now this is interesting. Cause I feeling inclined toward Git for
> these same reasons. In fact here's a diagram of me being torn:
>

>                   I, Torn

>    SVN     <--     --|--     -->    Git
>                     / \
>   Solid            Darcs           Faster
>   Popular                          Stronger
>   Supported                        Better
>

> Not that Darcs hasn't been good to me.
>
> :) T.

I would agree with a picture like that :-)

I mostly only check out projects, and recently I saw some that switched to git.

From the checkout/compile point of view git is pretty much the same as
cvs. But once I had to make a modification it became different. In the
end I found working with the modifications easier and cleaner.
However, I would be very disappointed if I found myself on Windows and
could not use git because of that.

The possibility of working offline is important for people who have
experience with crappy net coverage. I would count myself in, but I
understand that in some places such issues are nonexistent.

It looks like the distributed systems are new and more powerful which
means people have to get used to it. And many probably never will.
Also some features like crossplatform support have to be ironed out.
So I would guess the only reason to use them right now would be
experimenting or some features that are not easily obtained elsewhere.

Thanks

Michal