On Mar 18, 2007, at 5:45 PM, Thomas Hafner wrote:
> Developer A is working on a major task. He has already changed a lot
> of software locally. Now A gets aware that he needs B doing some
> modifications in some other modules where B is the real expert.
> Neither A nor B can propagate his own changes solely, because that
> would break the build for all other developers. This is a normal
> branch situation, but the branch situation has been recognized very
> late. In addition A and B have to work some more time on the common
> task, which means that they have to interchange and synchronize their
> software releases several times without disturbing the others.

I'm just learning SVN, but can't this problem be handled as follows:

- Create a branch in the repository
- Developer A uses svn switch to associate their local files with the
new branch
- Developer A commits their changes to the branch
- Developer B checks out the branch

I'm not trying to make any point re: distributed vs centralized
repositories
I'm just trying to determine if I understand how this might be
handled in SVN.

Gary Wright