I've finally wrapped up some tasks and released Ruby-HL7. This is the
first public release.

What is it?
-------------

Ruby-HL7 is a library for parsing and generating HL7 2.x messages. HL7
3.0 message
support is planned for a future release. HL7 is a widely used medical
information
interchange format.

Feature list:
   * flexible parsing support
   * MLLP support
   * provides a simple dsl for defining segments
   * allows for arbitrary manipulation of segment data
   * automatic segment ordering (via sort)
   * familiar Array/Enumerable semantics

How do I get it?
--------------------

gem install ruby-hl7

or grab the tarbal from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3261

More info

http://hasno.info/2007/3/18/ruby-hl7-0-1-23-released
http://trac.hasno.info/ruby-hl7
http://ruby-hl7.rubyforge.org

What else?

Please use the trac instance for bug reports and feature requests. I
will be monitoring the lists when
I can. March 25-April 3 I will be traveling to Japan and unreachable.

  --mark