From: Clemens Hintze

> Does anybody know, how the state of our CFV is?

This is not supposed to be officially divulged until after the CFV is
closed.

> Means do we already have enough YES votes?

If I told you that we still need another 60 yes votes, what would you do
about it?

> Did our Japanese friends already united theirs
> powers with ours to get the CFV thru?

The vote closes on 20 April, and only then will the voters & their votes be
tallied and posted.

Any day now, there should be a 2nd/final CFV posting. ((((Just checked
before sending this -- looks like it  was posted less than 12 hours ago --
hows that for a real close prediction? :-) )))) At that time, it would be a
real good idea to remind everyone who hasn't yet voted to retrieve a copy of
the CFV (from comp.lang.misc or comp.lang.python or comp.lang.perl.misc) and
cast their vote process into action.

Unfortunately some unknown percentage of people will not see our CFV because
some types of news filtering software automatically reject notes
cross-posted to more than 5 newsgroups. (The addition of comp.lang.misc to
the RFD for the CFV posting list made for 6 newsgroups.) Likewise, deja.com
apparently follows a similar policy, since I haven't found our CFV using
their newsgroup power-search page. I have been told that (presumably for
typical policy and protocol reasons) the bundled CFV posting method cannot
be changed soon enough to do us any good, and it may or may not be changed
some time thereafter, depending on perceived demand and so on.

These factors make it more important than usual for _everyone_ interested in
Ruby and comp.lang.ruby to be sure and vote (and to also pester the "I've
been meaning to do it" procrastinators and shanghai the "I've been too busy
today" sideliners).

For those of you who haven't already done so, please vote now!

Happy voting,
Conrad