On Feb 11, 5:56 pm, "Bret Pettichord" <bpettich... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 11:53 am, "alex_f... / hotmail.com" <alex_f... / hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I don't think it is possible with currentWATIRimplementation.
>
> Why do you say this?

The IE automation is very complex problem. The Browser is "alive". You
can't lock the browser. You can test for the tag existence and it will
fail on the next line because DOM was changed.   SWExplorerAutomation
(SWEA) automates Browser from "inside". The SWEA engine sits inside IE
and controls all browser activity.  WATIR works from outside of IE.
All WATIR calls to IE are marshaled (DCOM). It slows down the
automation performance and makes the automation less reliable.