On Mar 15, 10:19 am, Ze Maria <zemari... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Berger wrote:
> > On Mar 14, 10:56 am, Ze Maria <zemari... / gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi guys, I've made a simple program to test the Process.create:
>
> >> require 'rubygems'
> >> require 'win32/process'
>
> >> pgname = "C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe"
> >> x = Process.create :app_name => pgname.to_s
> >> sleep 5
> >> Process.kill(1,x)
>
> > <snip>
>
> > What version of win32-process are you using? As of 0.5.0 the
> > Process.create method returns a ProcessInfo struct. So, your code
> > should look like this:
>
> > Process.kill(1, x.process_id)
>
> > That may not be the issue, though, since you say it works fine until
> > you add the active_record gem. Can you provide the full backtrace?
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Dan
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I've updated to win32-process 0.5.2:
>
> "
>
> D:\gem search win32-process
>
> win32-process (0.5.2, 0.4.2)
>
>    Adds fork, wait, wait2, waitpid, waitpid2 and a special kill method
>
> "
>
> I still ve the same problem.... I triedwhat you said and i get:
>
> testBug.rb:10: undefined method `process_id' for 1808:Fixnum
> (NoMethodError)

That's odd. It looks like you're still using the 0.4.2 gem. Do a "gem
clean win32-process" and try again. Also, make sure you don't have it
installed manually somewhere else. You can validate by printing out
the Process::WIN32_PROCESS_VERSION constant.

> btw I'm using ruby 1.8.4 should I upgrade to 1.8.5 ?

If it still doesn't work go ahead and try upgrading to 1.8.5.

Regards,

Dan