Daniel Berger wrote:
> On Mar 14, 10:56 am, Ze Maria <zemari... / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys, I've made a simple program to test the Process.create:
>>
>> require 'rubygems'
>> require 'win32/process'
>>
>> pgname = "C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe"
>> x = Process.create :app_name => pgname.to_s
>> sleep 5
>> Process.kill(1,x)
>
> <snip>
>
> What version of win32-process are you using? As of 0.5.0 the
> Process.create method returns a ProcessInfo struct. So, your code
> should look like this:
>
> Process.kill(1, x.process_id)
>
> That may not be the issue, though, since you say it works fine until
> you add the active_record gem. Can you provide the full backtrace?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan
Hi Daniel,

I've updated to win32-process 0.5.2:

"

D:\gem search win32-process

win32-process (0.5.2, 0.4.2)

   Adds fork, wait, wait2, waitpid, waitpid2 and a special kill method

"

I still ve the same problem.... I triedwhat you said and i get:

testBug.rb:10: undefined method `process_id' for 1808:Fixnum
(NoMethodError)

btw I'm using ruby 1.8.4 should I upgrade to 1.8.5 ?

Tks in advance,

Ze Maria