On Mar 14, 1:15 pm, "Jeff" <cohen.j... / gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I have a feeling this is going to sound like a stupid question, but
> why does anyone need a continuous integration tool for a dynamic
> language like Ruby?  In other words, what exactly in my subversion
> repository is it going to "build"?

<snip>

What I would like is for Ruby itself to use CI. That way the core team
isn't relying on bug reports from preview releases.

I figure Linux is covered since that's what Matz develops on. If we
could get folks to give the core team access to Windows, OS X, AIX and
HP-UX boxes (and various versions of each), we would have much greater
confidence with each release.

Regards,

Dan

PS - I've got a Solaris 10 laptop and Windows XP Pro desktop the core
team can use for CI if they wish.