On 3/14/07, Giles Bowkett <gilesb / gmail.com> wrote:

> There's been a lot of talk about CruiseControl in the last couple
> days, by the way, including a rumor that it'll become the official CI
> tool of Rails.

Just a side note, but I finally got around to trying out
CruiseControl.rb today and I'm really impressed. We were already using
CruiseControl (CruiseControl.java?) to manage the builds of about
seven Java-based projects. The only thing I had to add to get stuff
working under CC.rb was to tell the configuration file
(cruise_config.rb) for each project what command it should use to
build that project, i.e.

    Project.configure do |project|
      project.build_command = "ant clean; ant deploy"
    end

and it was off to the races. I think I had everything up and running
in *maybe* twenty minutes, as opposed to, well, a much longer time
when I first set up CruiseControl. Very nice indeed.

The only thing I'm missing at the moment is some kind of plugin for
viewing the JUnit test results report. Maybe I should get to work on
that. ;)