> Should I be using SVN rather than Darcs or Git?

Yes.

Darcs and Git are distributed version control systems without much
proven technology behind them, and are painfully Unix-oriented.

> So I'm wondering, what's so special about SVN as opposed to the other
> choices? Is it because SVN is more like CVS than the other choices?
> The fact that SVN isn't distributed I would think would work against
> it (though I hear SVK is supposed to deal with that). Darcs is written
> in Haskell, and from the word on the street a lot of Ruby folk seem to
> like Haskell. Also, Git was written by Linus Torvalds, which is about
> as good as credentials can get.

Quality in kernel management doesn't mean his version control system
is any good. I'm not saying it's bad -- at all -- but the credentials
don't transfer there.

Distributed systems fit very few development models.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca