> 1. A recorder that will capture a Watir script of a web application as
> someone uses it from IE (or Firewatir/Firefox)

+1

I would be really interested in this, since I am just integrating
FireWatir support into scRUBYt![1] - so far navigating to the page you
wish to scrape is described manually, like:

   fetch          'http://www.amazon.com'
   fill_textfield 'field-keywords', 'logitech keyboard'
   choose_option  'url', 'Computers & PC Hardware'
   submit

   #Construct the scraper here
    stuff do
      item_name "Logitech diNovo Edge ( 967685-0403 )"
      price "$169.98"
    end

OK, also this is thousand times easier than to do it by hand - however,
if I could record user steps and spit out a script automatically instead
of writing it by hand, it would be even much more cool!

Peter

[1] http://scrubyt.org

__
http://www.rubyrailways.com :: Ruby and Web2.0 blog