:)
As promised, I tuned up my code for OpenGL, and runs it faster, allowing
bigger boards.

Here's the code:

http://pastie.caboo.se/46744

And... playing a little more with OpenGL, I managed to do a 3D
simulation. The bad thing is that I'm a completely newb into it, so it
doesn't look like expected, mainly because I'm having troubles with the
viewport, shadows, angles, lighting and all that. This quiz is a good
excuse for me to learn :D

I'll throw also the code I experimented with, if someone'd like to check
it and play with it, it's basically the same code expanded to a 3D
array. Of course, it would be nicer if someone experienced with GL could
make it look better :D

http://pastie.caboo.se/46751

I'll show a couple of images resulting from it.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4487/simfrost3d3cv6.gif
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/1899/simfrost3d4lg2.gif

Rubén

(P.S. Sorry for the double posting)