So I have a perl script I wrote a year or three back. Not bad
programming style, but its a pain to work with.

Question:

I know a full perl to ruby translator is hopeless, the only thing that
can parse Perl is perl. Has anyone a "first rough cut" approximate
perl to ruby convertor?

(It occurs to me translating bytes codes from parrot into ruby may be
an easier way...)

New Zealand