------art_28496_14357204.1173794554271

On 3/13/07, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondanger / gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't want to start a war or big debate, but the FSF threatening
> legal action against little guys is not good, they should be going
> after bigger fish to pursue their goals. But the idea of forcing
> everyone else to make free software is a bit extreme. GPL3 is a bit
> wacked. I respect their place in history, but even reading the FSF
> coding guidelines sounds like Stallman speaking rather than rational
> writing. Perhaps his ego has gotten the best of him.

No problem this can only be a healthy thing, stretching our tolerance as I
said.

It is normal that some rumors are worrying but what do we really know about
that threats?
Maybe FSF gave them plenty of time to comply to the licence they have chosen
freely.
I also think they should be indulgent but maybe I find time to research a
little bit about these cases and maybe drop them a friendly mail.
I do not think - but may be wrong, I am more than eager to be corrected -
that Stallman himself is still a leading personality in the FSF, if he were
- with all due respect he earns - that would be kind of worrying too.

BTW as Ruby can be licensed under the GPL this is all but OFF TOPIC, I feel.

Cheers
Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?