On Mar 12, 1:45 pm, malcom.... / g-m-ail.com (malcom) wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I would to join into ruby on rails/ruby community so I need of a book. A
> complete big bible and not and intro or advanced-only book.
> I have found these titles:
>
> - Build Your Own Ruby on Rails Web Applications
>   (seems to be the best with the newest version of the framework but I
> don't know if it's complete)
> - Agile Web Development with Rails
> - Ruby for Rails: Ruby Techniques for Rails Developers

Ruby for Rails is very thorough as others have suggested, but it's
just a tad sluggish for those who already have programming experience
(as I'm learning the hard way ;) or for those who just 'get it'.  I'm
making much more headway in learning Ruby itself by messing with irb
than with the book.  As for Rails, the book explains with great
lucidity the connection between Ruby and the framework.  I haven't
read either of the other two books, though, and Ruby for Rails isn't
complete.