On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 07:20:17PM +0900, Morton Goldberg wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2007, at 4:51 AM, John Joyce wrote:
>
> >Let's just say that irb is worth learning to use and useful  to
> >know. It can be a lot quicker than Creating a new file, changing
> >permissions on it and executing it.
>
> I think a lot depends on one's work habits. I have TextMate open all
> the time, but not Terminal. So it's quicker for me to evaluate
> snippets in TextMate than to open a terminal window and fire up irb.
> There is no need to set permissions to run code from TextMate.

You're right -- it probably does depend to some extent on work habits.
For instance, I typically have several windows open, including both a
window for Vim and others for irb, command line execution, et cetera.

"The measure on a man's real character is what he would do
if he knew he would never be found out." - Thomas McCauley