On Mar 9, 9:41 pm, Yannick Grams <yannick_gr... / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Just a quick question: I'm sick of using Command Prompt for my little
> Ruby programs, and I was wondering what can get me started? I know that
> I can use Tk, but that isn't very well documented in the Pickaxe.
> Thanks!
>
> --

No one has mentioned Gtk, which I'm now using with Ruby with great
success.   I have not tried it on Windows (or the Mac), but I believe
it works on both.    Gtk is widely used in C and very stable.    I
have used about every GUI you can think over the years.    I loved
FXRuby.   I wrote an editor in it for myself until one day I upgraded
my system (via Gentoo) and all programs stopped working.    Trying to
fix it proved so much work, I gave up on it!
So far that has not happened with Gtk.

Take a look at Gtk at:  http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby%2FGTK

Bill