On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:

> On 2/22/07, bluengreen <pnovess / mac.com> wrote:
>>

>> Is this project still alive or should I try the alternative? I think
>> this library is the most functional I have seen but still some bumps.
>

> Net::LDAP is alive and well. The current source tree includes some
> SNMP-oriented functionality that is not yet in the released packages, but
> otherwise the library is essentially at production level.

we just taught a class last week on ruby and i had a friend come in and
present on net::ldap.  he runs the peoplesoft db which employs a federated
authentication system for the university of colorado and has been using
net::ldap for a year or two in production with no issues.

> Do you have any feature requests?

perhaps exporting the information on the cause of exit codes.  eg:

#
# determining reason for exit code == 49
#
   if @ldap.get_operation_result.code == 49
     Net::LDAP.open(:host => @ldap.host,
                    :port => @ldap.port,
                    :auth => @auth) do |conn|
       @entry = conn.search(:base => @account_base,
                            :filter => "uid=#{ uid }",
                            :attributes => ["userpassword"])
       if test_sha_password(pw, @entry[0].userpassword[0])
         retval = [false, "Password good, but expired."]
       else
         retval = [false, "Invalid credentials, please try again."]

i think this information is exported by the ldap server right?

-a
- the dalai lama