Ben wrote:
> Hi, a completly simple question for pretty much everyone on this site.
> I've just started to teach myself Ruby and writing some very simple
> programs using the get command. Unfortunately each time I execute the
> program in Scite the command line interface pops up but unfortunately I
> can't enter any text or numbers??
>
> Any idea why this is happining? The program I executing is below.
>
> # Converts Celsius to Fahrenheit
> puts "Enter a temperature in Celsius:"
> cel = gets.to_f   #user types a number
> fahr = (1.8 * cel) +32  #convert it
> puts "that's #{fahr} degrees Fahrenheit"
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ben

It's the way Scite is handling cmd... What I do on the rare occasion
that I'm in Windows, is go to start, hit run, type in cmd, hit enter...
go to whichever directory my code is in, ie. c:\foo and then type at the
command line:  ruby scriptname.rb  that way it doesn't close the command
box... :)

--
Samantha

http://www.babygeek.org/

"Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet. Then all
things are at risk."
   --Ralph Waldo Emerson