Daniel Finnie a ˝─rit :
> I have searched and searched and came up with nothing about the
> /current/ state of UTF-8 with PDF-Writer.  Has any one had any luck with
> it?
>
> I've tried using Iconv but it gets errors.  I know this is valid utf-8,
> however, because Firefox and Ruby in the terminal render it fine.
>
> I also read about using UTF-16 by doing 0xfe 0xff before the string
> ("\xfe\xff#{str}") but that didn't work either.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Dan Finnie

I have tried recently to generate Simplified Chinese Flash Cards in PDF
and have given up. (Traditional Chinese is covered by one PDF library
port)
Depending on the variability of the contents, you could consider
creating a template (e.g. OpenOffice Writer -> PDF) then substitute some
strings in the PDF itself.
Alternatively you could generate OpenOffice documents which can then be
saved as PDF.
J-P