I have a dream:  My own GUI applications looking like other applications.

I went hunting around for theming for Tk, and bumped into Tile[1].

Tk being legendarily ugly, tile represents a great new hope that with
tile it could be elevated to being barely adequate. </jaded>

I saw a reference that it was available in Ruby's CVS from sometime in
2005, suggesting that there is support in the more recent versions of
Ruby.

I did some hunting, but I couldn't find any references to how to get it going.

Patching together some mailing list references, I think this is how I
could do it:

$ irb
require 'tk'
require 'tkextlib/tile'
Tk::Tile.__Import_Tile_Widgets__

The tile require fails since it's not there.  Presumably it's not
included with ruby or ruby-tk with my distribution.  That's expected.

I see that there isn't a gem for tile, or my guess at "gem install
tile" isn't right.

I see that I could download tile [2] and built it from source, but
somehow I doubt this would solve my require problem.

I googled, and I searched the mailing lists, but I can't find any
concrete examples of installing or using tile (outside of home
renovations), and I could use a bit of help..

I would also accept answers of "go use toolkit x instead", but I
already intend to do that if I can't get this going.

Also, is tile something I'd have to package with my program or have a
person install with my distributed software?  How would that work?

[1] tile tk theming http://tktable.sourceforge.net/tile/
[2] tile download
http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=11464&use_mirror=internap&filename=tile-0.7.8.tar.gz&22159438