On 3/9/07, FraníĐis Beausoleil <francois.beausoleil / gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the double message, but I found another bug in the piston
> switch subcommand.  This warranted another patch release, or else it
> would have been unusable.
>
> = What is it ?
>
> Piston is a utility that eases vendor branch management.
> This is similar to <tt>svn:externals</tt>, except you have a local copy of
> the files, which you can modify at will.  As long as the changes are
> mergeable, you should have no problems.
>
> = What's changed ?
>
> 2007-03-09 1.3.2
> * piston switch had a bad constant access which caused failures.
>
> = Installation
>
>  sudo gem install --include-dependencies piston

Ok, say I have checked out code from some remote repo using piston in
"/vendor/plugins" directory of rails and have modified the plugin.
Now, I want to checkin these modifications to the remote repository,
so that other people can also get the new code.

So, how does piston solve this problem? can i checkin my plugin from
RAILS_ROOT, assuming RAILS_ROOT is associated with different SVN repo
and plugin has been downloaded from different svn repo?

--
gnufied