Hello Daniel,

DB> This looks like the sort of error that I've run into in the past when
DB> I was mixing Sun's utilities with gcc. In this case you're using /usr/
DB> ccs/bin/as.

DB> My recommendation is to either build using Sun's compiler (which is
DB> free, btw) and ditch gcc on Solaris altogether. If that's not an
DB> option, then you need to make sure the GNU utilities are first in your
DB> PATH, including make (perhaps use gmake), as (assuming there's a GNU
DB> version of as), etc.

By the way: Anybody here in the beta testing for Sun Studio 12?
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/browse_thread/thread/d822575cf6f61b32/90ff54423a09d5d5#90ff54423a09d5d5

I had some some problems with last version of sun studio. So it would be
nice if somebody can tell if it's worth to join and try out.