On 3/8/07, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
> The 1.8.6 preview 3 is due for release this weekend, IIRC. I'm not sure
> how one measures stability for a Ruby interpreter, but there are
> definitely a few performance tweaks -- my MatrixBenchmark picked up
> about 10 or 11 percent on a Pentium III from the switch. (with -O2
> -march=pentium3, of course.) :)

Preview 3 is out:
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.6-preview3.tar.gz

I used it for the earlier benches and it has posed no problems for any
of my Rails apps in development.

Be sure to work with Rails' 1-2-stable branch (or edge) for a
smattering of 1.8.6 compatibility fixes due out in the upcoming Rails
1.2.3.

jeremy