hi,
I wrote an extension that uses a file to handle an external device. The
initialize method opens the file and it then is permanently open. I don' t
want to open and close it every time I write to it.

I wondered how to finalize the object or to close the file when my script
ends. Currently the file keeps open and I have an open unused device.

I stumbled over the function 'rb_io_fptr_finalize', but I didn' t find a
real reference which tells me if that' s what I searched for or not.

Can someone help me or give me further infos?

thanks,
Alex.