On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 01:25:09AM +0900, Speedmaster wrote:
> Hey guys, new to the group. A couple years ago I worked my way part-
> way through 'Programming Ruby' by Thomas & Hunt, but never did much w/
> it.
>
> I just got a copy of 'Everyday Scripting With Ruby' by Brian Marick
> and like it so far. Good for someone new to the language, too simple
> for advanced users though.

I want to get my hands on that one.  It's probably ideal for the people
I know who are expressing interest in Ruby -- too experienced with all
things programming for Learn to Program (by Chris Pine) and not as well
served by something that just drops you in head-first like the Pickaxe
(by Dave Thomas and Andrew Hunt).  That's not to say the other two books
aren't good, of course -- just that I think Everyday Scripting might be
the perfect middle road.

"There comes a time in the history of any project when it becomes necessary
to shoot the engineers and begin production." - MacUser, November 1990