On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 06:13:53AM +0900, Alex Young wrote:
> Robert Dober wrote:
> >>

> >>I agree with you insofar as "this version". I'm under the impression
> >>that the posts are coming from someone posing as Jenda. It appears
> >>that ruby-forum.com does send a activation email, but perhaps someone
> >>hacked Jenda's email account or hacked the ruby-forum.com account post
> >>activation. I just find it hard to believe that someone who'd been so
> >>esteemed in the Perl community would stoop to the behavior we've seen
> >>on this list, nor that they would refer to "Pearl"[1] in any forum...
> >now that might be a stupid - although unlike - typo.
> >the behavior is strange though if the info concerning the person is
> >correct maybe I should search the archives.
> >Or maybe my first idea to contact CPAN is a good one too, imagine the
> >poor guy if his address is spoofed...
> >
> >What'd you think?
>
> Observe:
>
> http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:xXEIdNOg_48J:www.perlmonks.org/%3Fnode_id%3D81566+jenda+ruby&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk&client=firefox-a
>
> Not definitive, but certainly interesting.  Also:
>
> http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:95o0skP5sNAJ:www.perlmonks.org/%3Fnode_id%3D92976+jenda+ruby&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

That almost makes me embarrassed to be a Perl hacker on ruby-talk.

We're not all like that.  In fact, that's a distinct rarity.  So sad
that it's in someone well known that you get to see this nonsense.

"The measure on a man's real character is what he would do
if he knew he would never be found out." - Thomas McCauley