Hello all,

I was writing a simple 'file sharing' program with QT and ruby.  I
noticed when running two clients on one machine for testing some odd
behavior with the focus.  When a peer receives a request from and serves
files to another peer, it does so from a file server running in a
separate thread.

I noticed that the programs seem to die when there is no focus on the
main window of the client.  As I watch the socket comminication on the
console, I see that I have to move the mouse over the peer who needs to
take the next step before anything will happen.  If I make a request
from the other peer, it just sits there waiting for some response.  I
have to actaully move over and give focus to the other window before it
will respond.  I have to go back and forth like this until all
communication is done.

Any have any ideas on how this would be tied to the windows focus?