On 3/6/07, Daniel DeLorme <dan-ml / dan42.com> wrote:
> Rick DeNatale wrote:
> > I must have missed that list of 5-6 problems, a quick re-read of the
> > thread doesn't provide an obvious list, but maybe I'm just not reading
> > it right.
> - avoids ugliness like __send__

__send__ was *supposed* to be ugly, because it's a signal that you're
doing something different.

> - reduces chances of naming conflict (CgiRequest#method, Email#send)

Naming conflicts are okay, as long as there are non-conflicting names
(e.g., __send__ or whatever 1.9 is now calling it).

> - allows simple pattern match to recognize present and future
> meta-programming methods (used for forwarding of non-meta methods)

Erm. Pattern matching is somewhat useful, but I'm not sure that this
is something that would be automatic in any case.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca