On 3/7/07, Mike <michaelst / gmail.com> wrote:
Please Mike try not to top post unless you need to, normally we prefer
to post after the text one is referring to.

> Thank you for your answer.
> But it looks like this is a real problem for Ruby to use such
> construct.
> probably there is some other way (I don't like to use @) to solve it.
> Could I get a left side of "=" by some reference?
> For example,
> b = my_func(def_val)
> Could I redefine "=" and get some information on "b"? And if b is
> invalid I'll return "def_val" otherwise I'll return "b" itself.

Well I tried hard with Binding.of_caller from facet but maybe I miss something.
As I mentioned before I am not a metaprogramming guru :(

> Also, can I pass a "reference"/"pointer" into function?
Well all parameters are passed as references - even if there is a
studied discussion if this terminology is 100% correct.

try e.g.
a="Hi there"
def change s
end
change a
puts a

> On Mar 7, 8:55 pm, "Robert Dober" <robert.do... / gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/7/07, Mike <michae... / gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >--

Cheers
Robert
-Anonymous