Ben Bleything wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2007, Jeremy Kemper wrote:
>> Hey Brian, could you start this conversation on the Rails list? It's a
>> pretty narrow topic.
>
> For what it's worth, I'm using AR extensively outside rails and would
> have missed this had it started on the Rails list.  I like it when AR
> discussions happen here ;)
>
> Ben

I never saw Jeremy's message :( I don't know if the problem is with my
ISP (Bellsouth DSL) or my mail reader (Thunderbird), but this isn't the
first time that I've missed a relevant message. It makes me wonder how
many other posts aren't getting through.

Anyway, Jeremy, I actually did search for a rails newsgroup and
Thunderbird didn't show any newsgroups with rails in the name except for
(msn.onstage.motorsite.offroad.favtrails)  :)  So I did try, then I
searched this newsgroup and noticed a fair amount of Rails related
posts, so I thought it would be ok to post it here. Also, in this case,
even though Rails may be slow, I do think the speed of Ruby is an
important factor in my results.

If you can point me to the Rails newsgroup, I'll try subscribing even if
it doesn't show in Thunderbird. If you're referring to a mailing list
instead, that is less desirable to me, but I could make use of it for
Rails posts that are less relevant to Ruby.

Brian