James Edward Gray II wrote:
> Let me try giving you this little hint and see if it's enough:
>
> >> cat, sub, des = "Books|Programming|A fun book about Ruby".split("|")
> => ["Books", "Programming", "A fun book about Ruby"]
> >> cat
> => "Books"
> >> sub
> => "Programming"
> >> des
> => "A fun book about Ruby"
>
> Don't be shy if you need more help!

Thank you!  I really appreciate it. :)
Again, I'll have to dig through and figure things out.  Apparently I
need another cup of coffee this morning for my synapses to fire properly.
>> If someone could point me in the right direction, of possible
>> libraries that would help or the such, I'd love to go read there and
>> study on it and try to figure it out.  Not asking for answers, just
>> asking for resources. :)
>
> The standard CSV library will do the parsing for you, but this case
> looks very simple so you probably don't need it.  However, if the
> first row of the file has the field names, it might be worth looking
> at FasterCSV which will build the Hashes for you:
Thanks!  The first row does not have field names, however, I'm sure I
could add them.

Thanks again, James - this community is always so helpful!

--
Samantha

http://www.babygeek.org/

"Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet. Then all
things are at risk."
  --Ralph Waldo Emerson