Chris Lowis wrote:
>> Maybe a chapter for that kind of pitfalls could be added somewhere -
>> well it probably is already, maybe somebody can indicate that.
>
> Perhaps at the "Ruby from other languages" page :
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/ruby-from-other-languages/
>
> I find this page very helpful.
>
> Regards,
>

> Chris

First, I'd like to say that the web site is really beautiful and eye
catching.  There are some minor problems, for instance, the code
examples are in a small area width wise, so there is a horizontal scroll
bar that you need to scroll to the right to see the latter portion of a
line of code.  However, the area with the code is very tall(more than
one screen), and it is very inconvenient to page all the way down to the
bottom in order to scroll to the right, and then go all the way back up
in order to read the code.   Also, no matter how wide I make my browser
window(Safari 2.0.4), the area with the code does not expand
horizontally.  It should expand horizontally as the browser window gets
wider, and the horizontal scroll bars should  disappear.

If I run the following code, I don't get any errors:

class MegaGreeter
        attr_accessor :names

        #constructor
        def initialize(names = "world")
                @names = names
        end

        #functions:
        def say_hi
                if @names.nil?
                        puts "..."
                elseif @names.respond_to?("each")
                        @names.each do |name|
                                puts "Hello #{name}!"
                        end
                else
                        puts "Hello #{@names}!"
if __FILE__ == $0
        mg = MegaGreeter.new(["Sally", "Jane", "Bob"])
        mg.say_hi