------art_150322_24790364.1173261863355

On 07/03/07, Raymond O'Connor <nappin713 / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to have mocha raise an exception the first time an stub
> is called, and then return a value the second time it is called?
>
> First example, I'm trying to connect to a server and test the case where
> my first attempt raises a 'Server busy' exception or something of that
> sort.  So I wait, then retry and then the second time the connection is
> successful.

results   lambda { raise ServerBusy }, lambda { return true } ]
object.stubs(:connect).returns { lambda { results.shift.call } }

You might be interested in another recent thread (
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mocha-developer/2007-March/000225.html) which
discusses how we might come up with a syntax to make this easier.

--
James.
http://blog.floehopper.org

------art_150322_24790364.1173261863355--