On Mar 5, 6:09 pm, David Hughes <d... / oldcolo.com> wrote:
> Thank you for this response.  I will study the URL and see if I can
> break this logjam.  Am anxious to get under the hood and learn.

If your main goal is to learn Ruby/Ruby on Rails, then I might suggest
doing so with an application that doesn't require rmagick. Even after
working with Ruby for a couple of years on various systems, I still
occasionally curse at my computer when I have to do an rmagick
installation. I'd recommend picking up a copy of "Agile Web
Development with Ruby on Rails" and "Programming Ruby". Those two
books should give you a good start, and you can worry about things
like rmagick after you've decided that you want to stick with Ruby.

I would hate to see your frustration with a package that you may not
even need end up turning you off to the language all together.

--
Regards,

John Wilger