I've been using Ruby with Watir for a few months now to scrape data
off of internal web pages where I work.  I'm fairly happy with the
results,
although I want to improve these processes.  I want to put this data
into
mysql, so I tried using this command to load mysql:

gem install mysql

The result I got is below.  Can anyone help me here?

Paul

Select which gem to install for your platform (i386-mswin32)
 1. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)
 2. mysql 2.7.1 (mswin32)
 3. mysql 2.7 (ruby)
 4. mysql 2.6 (ruby)
 5. mysql 2.5.1 (ruby)
 6. Cancel installation
> 5
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
        --with-opt-dir
        --without-opt-dir
        --with-opt-include
        --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
        --with-opt-lib
        --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
        --with-make-prog
        --srcdir=.
        --curdir
        --ruby=c:/program files/ruby/bin/ruby
        --with-mysql-config
        --without-mysql-config
        --with-mysql-dir
        --without-mysql-dir
        --with-mysql-include
        --without-mysql-include=${mysql-dir}/include
        --with-mysql-lib
        --without-mysql-lib=${mysql-dir}/lib
        --with-mysqlclientlib
        --without-mysqlclientlib
        --with-mlib
        --without-mlib
        --with-mysqlclientlib
        --without-mysqlclientlib
        --with-zlib
        --without-zlib
        --with-mysqlclientlib
        --without-mysqlclientlib
        --with-socketlib
        --without-socketlib
        --with-mysqlclientlib
        --without-mysqlclientlib
        --with-nsllib
        --without-nsllib
        --with-mysqlclientlib
        --without-mysqlclientlib

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in c:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gem
mysql-2.5.1 for inspection.

Results logged to c:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.5.1/gem
ake.out